Michael Stratton Miller
866-718-4608 (Toll free)
Mr. Miller's law practice focuses primarily on the pleading and motion practice in the trial and appeals courts. He has appeared before the Ohio Supreme Court in cases such as Schaefer v. Allstate Ins. Co. (1996); Stinson v. England (1994); Ramage v. Central Ohio Emergency Serv., Inc. (1992); and Fyffe v. Jeno's Inc. (1991); and as amicus curiae for the Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers in several major court cases dating back to 1991. He is AV rated* by Martindale-Hubbell.
A native of Cincinnati, he graduated magna cum laude from the University of Cincinnati in 1981 with high honors in political science and was made a member of Phi Beta Kappa. Mike then graduated summa cum laude in 1984 from The Ohio State University College of Law, was made a member of The Order of the Coif and was the Issue Planning Editor for the Ohio State Law Journal.
Mr. Miller has been ultra-active in professional organizations, including serving as a trustee for the Ohio Association for Justice (formerly the Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers), and has been the editor of its two publications, Ohio Trial and Advisory for over 10 years. The Ohio Association for Justice has recognized his efforts by awarding him the Academia Amicus Curiae Award in 1994, and the Distinguished Service Award five times, in 1997, 1998, 2000, 2002 and 2005. Mike is also committed to the Central Ohio Association for Justice (formerly the Franklin County Trial lawyers), and served as its president in 2004-2005.
- Mike recently successfully defended on appeal a default judgment in excess of $1 million against a major insurance company.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Areas of Practice
- Appellate Practice
- Legal Malpractice
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists
- Motor Vehicle Accidents and Injuries
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Ohio, 1984
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1986
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1998
- The Ohio State University College of Law, Columbus, Ohio
- J.D. summa cum laude - 1984
- Honors: Member, The Order of the Coif
- Law Journal: Ohio State Law Journal, Issue Planning Editor
- University of Cincinnati
- B.A. magna cum laude - 1981
- Honors: With High honors
- Honors: Member, Phi Beta Kappa
- Major: Political Science
- Ohio Trial and Advisory, Editor
Honors and Awards
- Academie Amicus Curiae Award, 1994 - Present
- Distinguished Service Award Five Times, 1997 - 2005
- Ohio Super Lawyers, 2008 - 2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Ohio Association for Justice (Formerly the Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers)
- The Central Ohio Association for Justice (Formerly the Franklin County Trial Lawyers Association)
- The Ohio State Bar Association
- The Columbus Bar Association
- The American Association for Justice (Formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America)
- Central Ohio Association for Justice (formerly the Franklin County Trial lawyers), President, 2004 - 2005
- Phi Beta Kappa